This show focuses on the advantages of personal branding by using podcasting as a medium to reach listeners on an authentic personal basis. Contributors are Paul Roberts our producer/ station manager of the Funnel Radio Channel shows and Susan Finch, Vice President of Operations at our own Funnel Media Group. During this program we discuss:
- The definition of personal branding.
- Why is it important?
- How was personal branding done in the past?
- What makes podcasting the most popular personal branding vehicle?
- How LinkedIn fits into personal branding.
- Why a resume is a person’s past performance - what have you done lately?
- How personal branding is what you carry forward and plan for the future.
- How podcasts are long-form storytelling media.
Some Statistics about Podcasting:
- There are 700,000 active podcasts and more than 29 million podcast episodes.
- 165 million people (51% of the US population) have listened to a podcast and 32% are monthly podcast listeners
- 22% of Americans, about 103 million people are weekly podcast listeners
- Podcasting has the best engagement rate among any consumption medium including T.V., FM/AM radio, owned music, and steamed music
- Podcast listeners are 45% more likely to have a college degree and 68% more likely to have a post-graduate degree.
- Podcast listeners are much more likely to be high net-worth individuals; 37% are more likely to have an income of $100,000+.
- The podcasting audience is gender-balanced.
- The average podcast listener listens to 7 different shows in an average week and subscribes to 6 different shows.
- Weekly podcasts are the most popular for frequency and reach vs. once a month or bi-weekly.